Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 6th



Leftover veggie dog for lunch today! Yum. My mom even thought that they smelled like bacon. Can’t be so bad if it smells like bacon but is plant based, right? For dinner tonight I joined my cousins and Grams, as my cousin Meggie is visiting for the weekend before heading back to school for her summer studies. Since they were ordering pizza, I defrosted some vegetable soup that my Grams had made for me a couple of weeks ago so that I’d have quick meals available if I needed it. Her soup is so good and thick – almost like a stew. My grandpa used to make it but he’d add hamburger meat to it. We had added barley instead and the swap has made it even more delicious. It stills feels “meaty” when you bite into it though! Everything goes into that soup: carrots, celery, potato, green pepper, red pepper, pasta, barley. A little bit of whatever’s in the fridge. It’s a very hearty and filling soup. I don’t have the recipe or I’d post it. Hopefully I can get it up soon. It freezes really well too, so it’s perfect to have around. I love that my grandma and the rest of my family has been so supportive of this decision. It’s really made it a lot easier on me, as I know they are truly interested and aren’t questioning me or making me feel like a freak. Thank you so much everyone. I love you all!

Ps. Can you tell corn was on sale this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment