Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 20th

Is there anything better than home-made pancakes on a beautiful sunny morning on a long weekend? Possibly, but if there is, then I don’t want to know about it. Dom and I made the cornmeal-lemon-blueberry pancakes from Veganomicon. We didn’t have blueberries so we left them out of the recipe but the pancakes were still very yummy and we topped them with fresh raspberries instead. I love the addition of the lemon zest in the recipe – it makes them taste so fresh. I recommend using lemon zest with every pancake batter from now on! Dom’s little 10-month-old nephew loved these pancakes too – he was eating up all the little pieces on his plate. After breakfast we all took a nice long walk and visited the horses in one of the neighbouring fields. They always come up to greet you at the fence. They’re so beautiful. I love seeing these huge, peaceful animals happily chomping away on grass. I feel so relaxed and happy sharing in their herbivore-ness. We got back from the walk just before the rain hit, but now that we’ve at least had some sun, the gloominess of the past 2 weeks is forgotten. And those little bits of sun today have really helped my little sprouts that I planted last week…take a look at them now! Those little bits of green are going to be broccoli! How amazing is nature?


No comments:

Post a Comment