Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2nd



Day 2

Oatmeal (my go-to breakfast) :

Mix quick oats with cinnamon in a bowl, pour on boiling water until just covered, cover the bowl with a plate and let sit about 5 minutes, until the water is absorbed. I drizzled the oatmeal with brown rice syrup and voila – breakfast in 5 minutes! Berries and other fruit make a good addition.


Today was a leftover day: Leftover butternut squash soup for lunch, but I added some curry powder and toasted sunflower seeds to change the flavour so I wouldn’t get too bored. Dinner tonight was leftover spaghetti. I added some red pepper flakes to change the flavour of this too. I also had a corn on the cob. Is there anything more delicious than sweet corn on the cob? I eat it like candy! Corn on the cob always reminds me of my Grandpa. He taught me to count the rows of corn on the cob and that it will always be an even number, unless it’s been freakily genetically modified. Try it next time you eat it! I still count the rows to this day. Tonight’s cob: 14 rows of corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment