Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 23rd

For dinner tonight my mom was making a stir-fry and instead of cooking the beef and adding it back to the vegetables, she kept them separate for me. I love eating stir-fries. Any vegetables we have on hand just go right in. Tonight’s combo was cauliflower, broccoli, red and green peppers, carrots and bean sprouts. I added a sprinkle of sesame seeds for an extra shot of calcium and ate mine over brown rice (I’m getting quite good at cooking brown rice now – I’ve even finished an entire bag of it since March!) How easy and delicious is stir-fry? My favourite is to make fried rice with leftovers the next day. I keep the veggies separate and cook the rice in the pan till it gets crispy, add my veggies back in to heat through and it’s so easy and nutritious. I love when rice crisps up and coats the pan – it reminds me of a dish called bibimbap that I order whenever we eat Korean (without the egg of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment