Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May 31st

Last day! I can’t believe the month is over already. I haven’t even tried a quarter of the recipes I want to! I’ve pretty much decided that I’m going to continue eating this way for as long as it feels natural and healthy to me. I might not be quite as strict – if pasta has a little egg in it, so be it. I’ll eat it up anyway. But no eggs in baking now that I know how to cook without them. I want to steer clear of meat and dairy though, meat for my little (and big) animal friends, and dairy for my asthma and the animals. I would encourage anybody who is remotely interested in this to try eating one vegan meal a week. Not even a full day, just one meal. You’ll find it’s not all that hard to do and your body will love it! I think the world would be a much healthier and gentler place if we relied on animal products less. And the environment would benefit so much – our air would become cleaner and CO2 emissions would decrease drastically. That’s the type of world I would like to live in, and I’ll do my part to make my little piece of it better.

Hopefully you’ve all had fun reading this blog and found it interesting or inspiring or just can’t resist those delicious Coconut-Lemon Cupcakes or Triple Berry Pie. Thanks so much for following my journey! So I’m signing off now, but not before introducing you to some of my little animal friends that we saw on the way to the cottage today. There were so many, but these were the ones I was able to take pictures of. I missed the picture of two young calves playing and head-butting each other, which was just too precious. And I missed all the birds we saw flying overhead. And all the butterflies – there were hundreds of them, yellow ones, flying around in sunbeams. And so many more! It’s worth a drive or bike ride out to the country to see them all.


But aren’t these guys so cute? The little baby calves with their mothers and the beautiful horses with their mothers are just so gorgeous and loving. All of them were so alert, and some, like the llama, goat and horse, posed for us too! And maybe I’ll throw in a picture of Cocoa, because you can never get enough of him, he’s just so cute. And he’s the reason for this month in the first place, so a big thank you to Cocoa!


Love.Melly






















No comments:

Post a Comment