Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May 30th

How delicious was that couscous with snow peas and golden raisins and vegetable broth that my mom made? So good that I ate it for lunch AND dinner again today! We changed it up a bit for dinner though – we made a stir-fry of peppers and yellow beans and had that on top of the couscous instead of on rice and it was also very yummy. I’ll have to get that recipe from my mom so I can make it again and again. I did also eat a delicious pesto-cucumber sandwich again today. They are so good! If you already like cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches, try this instead. You’ll love it so much more – it’s so much more flavourful and it’s just as simple to make.

I can’t believe how the time has flown by! There’s only one more day left of the month that I’ve committed to, but I don’t think I’ll be able to stop eating this way. It was a very natural progression before the month started and I just don’t see myself going back. I’ll have to have a little experiment with it – eating some dairy or meat or eggs again to see how it makes me feel. But nothing beats the lightness you feel after a large meal. It doesn’t completely drain you and send you into a turkey coma. Plus my skin is better and I’ve lost weight and I digest better, AND I’m not hurting any animals. I don’t think it gets better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment